Puppy Training in Salt Lake City, UT
It is so frustrating when your puppy:
Here's How We fix it:
Our Puppy Training Options
At Train Walk Poop in Salt Lake City, UT, we offer four dog training options for your pup. Each one has its unique features and advantages, and our trainers are happy to discuss these benefits with you to make sure that you choose the right program for your pup.
Our three Salt Lake City, UT, dog training program options at Train Walk Poop include:
This program is for new puppy owners who want help for the life of their puppy. The needs of your puppy change a lot, especially during the first year of life, and your puppy will have customized help at each stage. Every puppy is unique and the challenges they throw at you will be unique; that’s why we created this program.
It’s designed to give your puppy exactly what they need at each stage of life.
As your puppy ages you’ll have exactly what you need as well.
- The first stage is potty training/kennel training in a two week boarding school.
- The second stage is generally at the 4 month mark to help with socialization and leash training and is 4 weeks of day training that is Monday-Friday.
- The third stage is generally at 5 months/older and is for off leash training and additional obedience training. This is a 3 week board school.
- The fourth stage is for 5 in home sessions or field trips with your trainer to get help with real world issues you may see.
- The final stage is 6 months of unlimited follow ups with your trainer in our training center whenever you need them.
This is a more intensive program where your dog will go home at night with his trainer! You will drop off your dog (aged 8 weeks to 4 months) on Monday morning and pick him up on Friday afternoon for 2 weeks. Each Friday at pick up, you will have a 1-hour training session to make sure you can continue practicing your pup’s good behaviors over the weekend.
Through this program, your pup will learn
- behaviors associated with a good canine citizen
- holding it through the night
- getting on a regular schedule (to also help with potty training)
- unlimited follow-up training sessions for 6 months after boarding school has ended.
In this training program, you will feel like you are taking your dog to school! Instead of leaving your dog here with us for multiple days at a time, you will pick him up daily. You will drop him off with us before 9 am and pick him back up at 4:30 pm, Monday-Friday. Your pet will receive the same type of training as the Perfect Puppy course, but it is up to you to continue the behavior training at home.
This program offers
- 4 weeks of day training
- 2 training sessions with the trainer at the end of week 2 and week 4
- option for program renewal
- adjustment of the sessions to meet your puppy’s evolving needs as he grows.
The Polite program takes place in person at our training facility, where you will receive 1-on-1 attention from our dog trainer during all 5 sessions of 1 hour each. Each session is custom tailored to your puppy. You will also have the trainer’s cell phone number and email for support for the entire life of your pup.
The training includes:
- a drop off Deluxe Daycare day on the day of your pup’s training session
- working to maintain your pup’s growing confidence
- solving socialization issues
- correcting common bad habits like nipping, jumping, crate/outside training, fetching, sharing toys, and more
Our dog training experts are happy to discuss all of these options with you and make sure your pup can reach the obedience goals you have set for them.
What Is Obedience Training For Puppies?
When it comes to dog training for your new pup, there are some unique challenges that you would not have experienced, had it been an adult dog. During your pup’s training, it is important to remember that he is still learning and growing into an adult dog. This means that some of his personality traits may not have manifested yet. Teaching him the right habits early will prevent bad behaviors later.
With puppies, it is critical to have 1-on-1 training sessions with the trainers and then continue the training program at home. As your pup grows, you will be able to recognize the bad behavior and nip it in the bud before it becomes a permanent habit.
Our Friends Forever Guarantee
- Your puppy will enjoy the training process. They will love the game of being trained.
- YOU will love the training process. You will be surprised that your homework is easier to do than expected.
- These new skills will be downloaded in your puppy’s mind forever, and you can tap into them whenever you need them.
- You will have lifetime communication access to a trainer.
Our programs are fully customizable and work at your puppy’s pace because we know every puppy is different.
We include the training leash or collar that will work best for your pup, so you’ll have what you need from day 1.
Some of the advantages for you and your puppy include:
- Your puppy will learn to be well behaved
- You will learn exactly how to maintain the results at home
- Forming a closer bond with you
- Becoming a trustworthy pet anywhere you go
- Help your pup become their best self
No dog owner should have to choose between their dog’s well-being and their own.
With us as your guide you won’t have to!
We’ll teach you how to train your puppy without sacrificing anything on your daily to do list!
For information on training for dogs over 4 months old, please check out our Dog Training Programs.
On Raising A Puppy: A Step by step training guide
Submit the form below for your free copy!
Benefits of Training for Your Puppy
Building a strong relationship between you and your pup
Learning the right behaviors and how to use the pup’s energy to focus on those actions
Knowing the right communication methods for your pup
Learning problem-solving skills
Developing an intelligent mind for your pup that remains well-stimulated through training and exercises
Building confidence for your pup and you so that you feel comfortable bringing him just about anywhere
Contact Our Salt Lake City, UT, Professional Puppy Trainers
At Train Walk Poop in Salt Lake City, Utah, we have a unique take on pet training. Our team focuses on small group socialization and long-term results from the particular program you have invested in for your pet.
We will treat your puppy as a part of our family, and we work to build the strongest possible emotional bond between you and your puppy. Contact us today to learn more about all of our training programs, meet our trainers, and find out if Train Walk Poop is right for your pup.